Woman was set ablaze molesters in UP while on the way to file an FIR
A woman was set ablaze in Sitapur recently. Two men who had harassed her did that to her. She was battling for her life after suffering 60 per cent burn injuries. The attack came when she was on her way to the police station for a second time. The woman was set ablaze two days after being harassed. She was trying to file a complaint after she had been turned away the police.
The 8-year-old woman was admitted to the district hospital in Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh. The accused were arrested on Sunday. DGP O P Singh has ordered the suspension of Tambor SHO Om Prakash Sajor for laxity in supervision, head constable Chedilal was suspended for not attending to her complaint.
The DGP said, “An inquiry IGP (Lucknow range) Sujeet Pandey is underway to ascertain the role of the local police outpost in-charge, Manoj Kumar. We are probing the extent of negligence on the part of Manoj Kumar to initiate stringent action.”
Police said the woman was on her way to her in-laws’ house in an adjacent village on November 29 when she was intercepted two men who were brothers. They passed lewd remarks and tried to molest her. She managed to flee and reached Tambor police station with the help of locals. However, the police personnel on duty sent her away, she said later.
She then arrived at her in-laws’ house and told them about the incident. They then informed “UP 100” about the incident. A police team arrived at the home but left after directing the family to lodge a written complaint at Tambor police station.

